Friday, March 27, 2009

Valerie Schulz: The Internet as a Tool for Assisting Students with Special and/or Diverse Needs

The internet is a tool that enables individuals to access any information that will help them. On a website titled parentpals.com, there is a plethora of information on children that have learning disabilities. The website includes links for children with autism, ADHD, the learning disabled, and much more. Each disability's link takes parents to websites with articles, message boards, support groups, and more.
I decided to explore the website to see how helpful it would be, and I did this by looking under the links for Autism. Once clicking the link, there were many options for me to choose from, including books, research, and treatment. I also found similr results when I clicked on the link for Learning Disabilities. Overall, the website seemed to be very helpful for a parent or teacher who wants to use the internet in order to facilitate the needs of their child with disabilities.

1 comment:

  1. I find your summary of the article very interesting. I was anxious to look to the site that would give me all this information that you were talking about. Unfortunatley, you did not include the like to your site, which made me dissapointed because it sounds like a very intersting and helpful site.

    Kristianna King

    ReplyDelete