Thursday, January 22, 2009

Traditional Educational Media Versus Emerging Technologies

Hey guys!
Basically, this article summarizes all of the wonderful benefits of the technological world, brought into a classroom. I actually used the same website as Kelly, because I found the article to be so true. I think that technology is very important, and I think that this article touches on all of the major aspects of what technology brings into the classroom. As a teacher, we will be exposed to many cutting edge programs that will enable us to further our students learning experiences. As students, if they have a computer at their desk while we are up speaking to them, they can research and find the topic we are teaching for that day and receive additional information and certain visual aids for the subject. Our teaching skills will be much more thorough through the use of visual aids such as PowerPoint and YouTube to help our students understand. I think that technology is becoming increasingly important, and as the times progress, technology will not only grow more incredible, it will become a vital need in schools.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Erin,

    I thought you did a great job on your slides. The pictures made it really interesting. I agree that technology allows students to become more active. My article discussed this too. I don't think anyone can ignore the fact that technology is such a wonderful tool to enhance learning and that we need to take advantage of it. Great Job!

    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i really like your power point. I liked how you made the heading different on every slide but it also had to do with what you were talking about on that slide. I liked your pictures and i thought that it had a good picture/word balance and it interested me. I think I read the same article as you. I think that technology is really important in a classroom because I think it is the new way of life I think you can get a broader view of things and more perspectives. Good job!
    -Signe Larson

    ReplyDelete